A mutual fund is an investment company that pools money from shareholders and invests those funds in a professionally managed, diversified portfolio of securities in accordance with pre-defined goals. Some advantages of investing in mutual funds include:
· Professional management - the research, selection, and monitoring of the portfolio is managed by trained fund managers to meet a specified goal,such as growth or income; making investing in mutual funds particularly attractive for busy individuals who don't want to micromanage their investments
· Diversification- fund managers typically invest in a variety of securities, seeking portfolio diversification, which helps reduce risk by offsetting losses from some securities with gains of others
· Convenience- you can often get started with a smaller amount of money than you'd think, and once established, you can automate several functions related to investing in mutual funds
Types of Mutual Funds
· Open-End Mutual Funds- these mutual funds are not traded on exchanges and are considered to be a continuous new offering of securities because when an investor buys shares, the fund company issues new shares
· Closed-End Mutual Funds- these mutual funds have a fixed number of shares and are traded on public exchanges
· Investment Objective Mutual Funds- these mutual funds are classified by their investment objective, which may be growth, income, "balance" (income and long-term capital gain), or other objective
Schedule your complimentary consultation today
Call the PCB Investment Center Toll-Free: 866-280-9472
We’ll talk to you about your current situation, your personal needs and your goals. Then, we’ll work together to develop a customized investment plan that addresses all three.
“As an independent financial advisor, I can offer you a personalized financial plan, instead of a generic investment program. Through Raymond James, one of the largest and most respected independent financial services firms in the country, I have access to a multitude of investment and planning resources which can be leveraged to create your own personalized financial plan based on your unique situation, preferences and goals.”
-Verna Brand, Financial Advisor, CRPC®, RJFS, WMS, Investment Management Consultant
Securities offered through Raymond James Financial Services, Inc., Member / and are not insured by bank insurance, the FDIC, or any other government agency, are not deposits or obligations of the bank, are not guaranteed by the bank, and are subject to risks, including the possible loss of principal. Investment advisory services are offered through Raymond James Financial Services Advisors, Inc. The PCB Investment Center and Phelps County Bank are not registered broker dealers and are independent of Raymond James Financial Services.
Raymond James financial advisors may only conduct business with residents of the state and/or jurisdictions for which they are properly registered.Therefore, a response to a request for information may be delayed. Please note that not all of the investments and services mentioned are available in every state. Investors outside of the United States are subject to securities and tax regulations within their applicable jurisdictions that are not addressed on the site. Contact your local Raymond James office for information and availability.